10.07.2013

Happy Birthday, Lucy!








 Lucy had a joint party with her cousins Bennett and Walter. It was a blast! Swimming, cupcakes, cousins, pinatas. A great day.








On her birthday we went to Chuck E Cheese. They were both so excited. They'd seen the sign as we were driving by and asked me who the mouse was months before. I just said his name is Chuck E Cheese, and since then they would ask when we could go there. Of all the fun games and things to do, Owen and Lucy's favorite thing to do was to ride in the little coffee cup. All it does is spin around in a circle, slowly. But they loved it, so they rode it approximately 40 times. Okay, maybe 6.





Her birthday questions:

What is your favorite color? Purple

Who is your best friend? Mommy

What is your favorite animal? Giraffes

What do you want to be when you grow up? Astronaut. I don't know yet. I always want to be a mommy but God has to pick. Why do you want to be an astronaut? Cause I really want to check out a rocket to fly.

What is your favorite movie?  Cinderella

What is your favorite book? Esther book

What makes you happy? Giving kisses and hugs and when I get to see Hannah.

What makes you sad? When I don't get to play with anyone.

What is your favorite food? Pizza

What is your favorite song to sing? Little Bunny Foo Foo

What games do you like to play? That fishy one [memory game with a fish on the box. Thanks Nana]. Hey, but what I reeeeaaallly like is the giraffe one [puzzle].

Who is the coolest person on earth? God.

What is your favorite thing to learn about? Um, school. AND ballet.

What is the thing you do the best? Playing with Owen.

If you could go anywhere, where would you go? To school.

Can you give me 3 words to describe you?  I'm silly. I like playing. I'm fast, watch me [runs across room].

When you were little, you used to ______?  Crawl.

What is the snack you like best?  Cupcakes.

What is your least favorite food? Broccoli.

What is your best memory? I remember when I was a baby I played with that toy sun. I don't know, is that true?

If you could have one wish, what would it be? Blue pencils. Blue pencils? And I wish I had a baby right now. 

What is your favorite thing about being a sister? I like playing with Owen and I like having a baby. 

What is your favorite thing about Mommy? I like to hug you and kiss you because I like you and love you so much.

What is your favorite thing about Daddy? Playing with him!

What is your favorite thing about Owen? Playing with him, too.

What did you love about being 3? I love sleeping because sometimes I get very tired.




Things about Lucy at this age that I want to remember:

She'll wake up in the morning, look outside and say, "Look! It's a beautiful day!" It's just so sweet. She will often give Owen something she has and is still using because she knows he wants it. She asks a million questions a day. She'll ask if God can fly, or what the song on the radio means, or any other thing that pops into her head. I can't think of many examples right now, but she is always asking something. She and Owen like to hold hands when we're shopping or walking. She's not as outgoing as Owen is, but she loves to talk to her people. A lot ;). She likes to teach Owen. She is sweet and kind and thinks of others often. The last time Owen was "having a hard time" as we call it ;), afterward she told me, "When Owen was crying, I prayed for him to feel better. And now he calmed down!" On days that I'm going to nap when then kids are napping, I'll let her sleep in the bed with me, and she always wants her hands on me. Either in my hair or on my face or just holding hands. She is so excited for the new baby to come. She calls her "our baby girl." I know that even when she was barely two, she was such a sweet and loving big sister. I can't wait to see how sweet she is with the new baby. 

Prayers for her:

That she would continue to grow in strength and confidence in Christ. That she would seek to know Him more, and to know her worth in Him well. That she will grow to be firmly rooted in the Lord, her identity in Him and nothing else. I pray for her a heart of compassion and mercy, and wisdom and strength. I pray that I will have the wisdom to know her heart well, and how to teach her well as she grows older. 

My sweet Lucy, you are a true joy to my heart. I love you and I'm so thankful I get to have you in my life!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you do this questionnaire with her. You will always treasure this! I love her answer to growing up and how she always wants to be a mommy, but God has to pick.

    ReplyDelete