Last month we celebrated Owen turning 2! I can't believe it's gone by so quickly. He is such a joy to my life.
On the actual day of his birthday, we went out for hot dogs, then got treats at the bakery in Barnes and Noble. They were both so goofy all day, and we had fun celebrating our favorite little boy.
Things I want to remember about Owen at this age: He is so goofy and silly I can hardly get a normal picture of him. He is also affectionate, cuddly, playful, curious.
He loves to talk, just like his sister. One of my favorite things to do with them is just listen to them have a conversation with each other. If he feels like he's not being listened to, he'll say, "I talking to Mommy," then repeats whatever it is he is trying to say.
He is independent and has strong opinions already. If you try to make him do something he digs in his heels, but if you just ask him to do the same thing, 80% of the time he'll just sweetly do it (this is something I'm often reminding Lucy of).
When I have him say sorry to someone, he touches their head, then says their name (ex., "Sorry, Evan.").
His sweet little curls (before haircut) that were so messy, especially when he wakes up. He likes to play with my hair and will sometimes brush it with his fingers, so gently.
He is a very willing participant in Lucy's invented games. He'll march around the house in a tutu and white frilly bonnet and let Lucy talk to him (and boss him) like he's her child.
He is a heavy sleeper, and actually likes to sleep. When he's decided he's going to go to sleep, he'll close his eyes and there is really not much I can do to get him to open them, even if he's not actually sleeping yet. When he wakes up in the morning or after his nap he wants to take every single thing in his bed (blankets, pillow, bear and lamb blankets, toys) out to the living room. If I don't help him carry it all out, he stands there and cries. When he gets them to the living room, he sets it all up on the couch so he can lie there and slowly wake up. He also calls his bear and lamb blankets his babies and will take care of them and talk to them like babies.
My prayer for him is for salvation. That God would grow in Owen a deep and abiding love for him and all things of him. His word, presence and character. For empathy, caring toward others, humility. A heart of compassion like his Daddy. I pray that he would grow with a heart that knows truth, that loves the Lord and knows his need for his presence. That God would cause him to find his identity in Christ alone and not of anything else in this world. For true wisdom from above that is pure, gentle, full of mercy, sincere (James 3:17). That he would seek the Lord from childhood and to want to honor him. That the Lord would lead him to walk with him, in wisdom and in strength.
Owen, I am so proud of you. You are smart, kind and loving. What great joy you have brought me as these two years have flown by! You are my little buddy bear and I love you so much. Happy birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment