6.07.2012

Happy Birthday, Lucy

My not-so-little little girl turned three on May 30th. We had a joint celebration with John's side of the family for Lucy, Donna, Jarrod and Roy. Happy birthday to all of the birthday people!



On Lucy's actual birthday we took a rainy trip to the zoo, then had a little family dinner. Lucy requested green pizza (pesto pizza) and cantaloupe, and picked out the kind of cake she wanted.







And, since she's the big 3 now, I asked her a few questions. This is long and possibly not interesting to everyone, but I started this blog for my family, and this is for us. Hopefully I'll do this every year. It'll be fun to look back and see how the answers change. And FYI, this is verbatim - I did not add to or change any answers.

What is your favorite color?  Purple!

Who is your best friend?  Emma! And Josh.

What is your favorite animal?  Giraffes! I like purple giraffes.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Uh, Daddy.

What is your favorite movie?  My favorite movie is Nemo.

What is your favorite book?  Animal books.

What makes you happy?  My lamb. And drinks.

What makes you sad? When I don't have a clue. When I can't find my shirt.

What is your favorite food?  Eggs.

What is your favorite song to sing? Abc's. Abc's! (sings the abc's.)

What games do you like to play?  Animal games.

Who is the coolest person on earth?  Grandma Schumacher.

What is your favorite thing to learn about? Jesus.  What have you learned about Jesus? He is in charge of everything.

What is the thing you do the best?  Making things up things. [Translation: pretending]

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? School.

[After much explanation of the word "describe"]Can you give me 3 words to describe you? I am 3. I like apple juice. I like to do this, watch: (jumps around in the middle of the room).

When you were little, you used to ______? Change my diaper.

What is the snack you like the best?  Rectangle crackers. [Translation: Graham crackers]

What is your least favorite food?  Pepperoni.

What is your best memory? I remember that I went to my birthday.

If you could have one wish, what would it be? A flower.

What is your favorite thing about being a big sister? Playing with Owen. Being funny (makes silly sounds that make Owen laugh).

What is your favorite thing about Mommy? Going to the library.

What is your favorite thing about Daddy?  Playing a game with him.

Some things I want to remember about Lucy at this age:  She loves to help and to take care of things, real or pretend. She has a great imagination and loves to pretend. She's an amazing communicator. She loves to sing songs she hears on the radio (ex: "Crazy Girl" by the Eli Young Band or "Ours" by Taylor Swift). She likes to talk in what I call her teacher voice. It sounds just like one of the teachers she had during a bible study I went to this year named Ms. Gloria. She is sweet, affectionate and thoughtful. She will take as long as you let her to say good-bye. She cares about Owen, and is excited when he wakes up in the morning. She and Owen both love for her to chase him around the house, while she says she is a "mean giant". Sometimes when she wakes up in the morning she's started getting up, turning on the lights and turning on the t.v. on her own while trying not to wake us up. She loves to dance, and if we watch something with dancing on t.v. she dances with them.  I'm thankful for the heart she has and I'm excited to see who she becomes as she grows up.

I pray that I will know her heart well and that she and I will have a strong relationship as she gets older. More importantly I ask that God will cause her to know Him, love Him and glorify Him in her life. I pray for her that she would know at a young age that her value is in Christ and not in anything else in this world, and that He would protect her heart and life with His presence.

I'm so blessed to have you in my life, my little Lucy girl.

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic young lady with a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to say, I love this sooo much!

    ReplyDelete