One year ago today I was one day past my due date and told the nurse at my appointment that I thought I'd go into labor within the next couple of days. She told me that was very unlikely and scheduled me for a sonogram on the following Monday. I looked a little something like this:
And this:
That's so big. I'm having a hard time not laughing at that picture - my belly just looks so comical. Anyway...
Needless to say I was rather discouraged that the nurse said it was improbable that I would go into labor when I thought I would. So, I called for a second opinion... not another nurse, but my Mom. Because she is so incredibly wise. And besides, I was upset and needed my mommy. So I called and told her what the mean nurse said, and she said, "Honey, if you feel different, you feel different. You know your body better than they do." She proceeded to tell me that she told her doctor the same thing when she was pregnant with my sister, and the doctor said it would be at least a week, and my sis was born 3 days later. Ha. So there.
Two days later, this is what I got:
Oh my. So sweet. Not to get all mushy here, but that day is definitely on my list of top five good days. God blessed me immensely on that day.
This bath issue was a chronic problem for about 6 months. She hated it from day one. Fortunately after much therapy she's worked through her issues and is now able to enjoy bath time.


It only seems like yesterday that this was happening, but just look what a wonderful little girl we have. Such a special family.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't be prouder of you and your family!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Lucy!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't get any better than that! Happy birthday Lucy.
ReplyDelete